Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Wicked Broom ...




Oh my goodness but this Wicked Hop sure stirred up some wonderful creations and lots and lots of inspiration!  My thanks go to Maywood Studios for their fun line of Black Cat Crossing fabrics which was the catalyst for this year's Wicked hop.  I also give my sincerest thanks to Madame Samm for her continued support and gentle nudging from the behind us all.

I am sure many of you are coming to visit to see who was the recipient of the runner I created with my Maywood Studio Black Cat Crossing fabrics ... wait no longer ... out of 170 comments, the winner is: 

Very pretty table runner and would like the chance to have it on my fall table. Thank you for the opportunity!
Gracie looks to be a new commenter and I sent her my congratulations and notice in an email.

I thank each and every one of you who took the opportunity to comment and enter for a chance to win ... totally unexpected by me and if you haven't yet received a reply from me, please know it's not from want of trying!  For you see ... I've been a bit on the preoccupied side this past week or two.



As noted by Madame Samm at SewWeQuilt ... my wicked broom was traveling through several states which started from Missoula, Montana on Saturday the 25th and landed this past Monday the 27th in Memphis, Tennessee.... actually my broom looked like this:


And, instead of Toto, my little doggie, Izzy, was my traveling companion:


Friends and job opportunities have brought me to this location, and I am, in fact, staying with friends that have opened their home to me until I can find work and a place to call my own again.

Change is never, never easy.  Even though a person knows it is necessary, and the change will be of benefit in so many ways ... it is hard as I am sure many of you can attest.  The unknown, the consequences, and heck, just the plain unsettling nature of change keeps so many from making necessary changes.  I have many I need to thank for their support and friendship through my recent adventures, though each and every one of them say no thanks are necessary.

Well ... I give them.

Lots about my relocation is still up in the air ... 
especially considering the two halves of my heart remain in Montana until things are settled.  
Ironic how you can still function without a heart when you have no other option....
Yes, even now I can't think of that without great sadness ... 
but I know I've done the right thing in moving, and 
can promise I have researched every. single. option. possible.

Soon I will find a spot for my sewing machine to be set up, my bicycle to be parked, and a home to create and life may again find a normal routine.  Until then, prayers for all involved are appreciated!

Bless each and every one of you who are my support and who I count as friends.

I will see you soon on the Twas the Night blog hop hosted by Marlene of Stitchin By the Lake. Should be some very good ideas for last minute Christmas gifts for those of us who find ourselves in a time pinch ... not, I am sure, that any of us would admit to waiting until the last minute!

Until next we visit, happy stitching ....






21 comments:

  1. "If tiny little Bluebirds fly...." You too have wings guided by God! Have faith...
    I love your Blog adventures and love following you through each and every adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea of what you have been going through and how difficult it has been....and is still difficult. Sounds like it was the right thing to do and that's the most important thing. Time will pass and you will find yourself settled and feeling at home again. And as you reflect next year, you will see how far you have come and how you took a huge challenge, conquered it, learned from it, and made yourself a better, stronger person. Give Izzy some extra hugs and..... you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've landed safely and have big plans to do big things....good for you! I wish you all the best in this new (but hard) adventure. Just don't even think of going very far from all of us because I'm not sure I would do very well without your wickedness. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetness, had no idea you were on another journey. Many blessings, hugs, and yes, throw some laughter in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy!!!!! Sending hugs and prayers!!!!!! Girl you are out there Dancing on the Moon!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy it was a wonderful hop thanks to you and to all those who participated. My prayer for you is that God will give you a wonderful new job, a cozy place to call home, and your two little ones to make your heart whole. His grace is sufficient. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, it was a wonderful wicked hop. Thank you again. Wishing you and Izzy all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, always many thanks for your hop hosting, and sending prayers, positive thoughts, and hugs as you settle in your new community awaiting for your special halves! I'm sure things will work out for you...your positivity will lead the way! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  9. With all the events that were being stirred in your world you still had us organized and cheering ...with warm wishes and prayers, may your future be brighter and those sweet hearts be home soon with their very caring mumm.....Izzy looks like he has certainly found a home with you wherever you are...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy...I had no idea you have been faced with yet another difficult challenge. I know your heart is broken and will be until you have your sweet girls to hug every morning. Hopefully you can find a new job quickly and your heart will be 'singing again'!! They say 'change' is always hard, some times you have no choice...in the end the 'change' is always better....it is just so dang hard. Hoping for good things to come your way!! Hugs and prayers are heading to Memphis for you and to Montana to your sweet little girls. Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my dear, many many prayers I will send up for you. Praying that your two sweet girlies will be joining you swiftly. Be strong! I know it would be difficult. Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. sending you big hugs dear..
    you are a great friend.
    i love you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear...home will be wherever YOU are, and I'm sure you left your heart in good hands and their thoughts are of you first and foremost. God gives us amazing strength to do the things that need to be done when we are at our weakest...I'm sure if you look for it you will feel the breeze of angel's wings and a steadying hand upon your elbow. xox Awesome hop...thanks sew much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you well and hope that the move will live up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay strong, keep the faith. I wish you only the best.

    Congrats to Gracie for winning the table runner. I know you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keeping you covered in prayer brave lady! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual your wicked hosting was wonderful and I'm truly sad that I missed out this year in taking part. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. And I'm sure all of the life changes are scary but I also think I know you well enough to know that you thought this through over and over and it is a good change that will bring you a better future. Giant hugs my friend and best wishes that everything settles down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had not heard about this news because I have been unwell for a few months and not reading the blogs I enjoy. I know that moving is difficult as I have done it many times but it is also exciting and a time of rebirthing. I pray for you that you find that perfect job and new home and get those two girls back with you.
    Bless you and your family and all the best for a wonderful future. Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Wendy, I had no idea of your difficult journey. Many heartfelt prayers are sent to give you comfort and strength.It makes the beautiful gift you sent all the more special, knowing you found the time even when life was hard and your heart was broken.What an amazing woman you are...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way as you navigate this new journey...may you and yours be blessed with much comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome to Memphis!! It can be a wonderful place and a new beginning. Good luck to you and your dog!

    ReplyDelete