Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Latte Lovin'



Wow!  I see it has been three months since I posted ... holey moley!
For those of you visiting after such a long absence from me, I thank you for visiting and give you my sincere appreciation for believing in me to share something worth you time...

Joan of Mooestash Quilting  has assured me that if I just "Have A Latte," it'd help put be back in the swing of blogging.  Joan, thank you for cheering us through this hop and helping me find a bit of inspiration to get be back to the sewing machine!

I'd also like to thank Dan DiPaolo of Clothworks for creating such a fun line of fabric. 


 I admit to having a bit of coffee with my flavored creamers on almost a daily basis (my scales tip a nod or twenty with that statement!)  While I enjoy my latte drinks, I was struck by Dan's fabric for which a line in the design of his panel truly inspired me.  I show you here:

I've been wracking my brain and digging through a mountain of patterns trying to find something  "coffee-ish" if you will, to make for this hop, however I could never settle on one particular design to create.  I just couldn't commit until inspiration struck.

Funny thing about inspiration, you just never know when it'll hit.

So, yesterday morning ... (YES! I KNOW! Procrastinate much????) ... for some reason when I looked at Dan's fabric panel, I instantly knew what I wanted to do.  

I got out my pencil, graph paper, fusible web, as well as my bundle of Have A Latte collection and designed this project to share with you today.   

Granted, there were so very many beautiful fabrics choices, but again, once the idea stuck, it STUCK.  I wanted to use the other fabrics to piece around the striped border.  In fact,  I even cut up a stack of squares.  But nope, this design spoke to me and said "this is it ... no more." 
I have to agree with the design... I love it just the way it came out of my head.
This wall hanging is roughly 20" x 32" in size.

So I have more to use for accessories in my new kitchen when I clear the sewing machine and cutting table from two days of intense creativity ... 
(you fellow crafty-folk know exactly the pile that waits in my sewing area)

Fortunately, it stopped raining and the sun came out long enough for me to get pictures taken this afternoon:


Where Good Friends Meet .... 
for a cup of coffee ...
for a spot of tea ...
for a quick chat ...
for a long visit ...
for just .....
Where Good Friends Meet.



I have said it before, and I probably will a hundred times more, I am thankful for my online quilting, stitching, and blogging neighbors who have shown me so much support and provide me with so much inspiration!  

I would love to say I'm ready to hop back into the blogging neighborhood again but I don't know if I'm there yet.  However, I give you all an open invite to join me any time for a spot of sweet ice tea out in my lovely new favorite outdoor backyard spot:

where good friends meet....this spot is just asking for a visit!

Please visit my fellow Latte loving bloggers today:

Why Knot Kwilt (ya'll are here)

Again, my thanks to Joan for her cheering of this hop and, as always, 
to Madame Samm  for her creative imaginings to get us all involved!



37 comments:

  1. I do wish that I was on my way there to enjoy a pleasant cup of coffee and some wonderful conversation there in your excellent little garden space!
    Loving your original design! Very nice! Very creative use of this fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you little quilt, perfect saying! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable wall hanging; good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love this more than you know....love it...yes coffee and friends a perfect match...great pics too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt; so pretty and a perfect use of the fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very cute and so creative, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday....seriously....yesterday?! What a wonderful hanging... I just love everything about it! Glad to have you back....I fade in and out of blogging too, although I try to keep up with reading the blogs. Hope we see more of you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wall hanging. I also suffer from the last minute inspirational idea. Once the idea becomes clear, the frenzy to get it done begins. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wall hanging is absolutely beautiful!
    I hope you get settled into your " new normal" soon and can enjoy your sewing and blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a woman! You just whipped this beautiful piece up in a day? Of course Wicked Wendy can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inviting banner and outdoor spot, Wendy! I'd say your inspiration struck gold. You sure make it look easy. Will keep you in my good wish thoughts and hope you are back to blogging soon. Thank you for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE!!!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this....and I love how your creativity works...You DID IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I applaude the fact you listened to your inner voice....your quilt is dynamic just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your banner/wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy, you did a fabulous job on your quilt. I love, love it. Great choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect wall hanging. Will be beautiful in the house or as a flag by that beautiful porch. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and I like how you quilted it too!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wendy it's just lovely! What a perfect wall hanging for your kitchen....a constant reminder that you do have good friends, people who love and care about you and how you're doing. Sometimes as we live out our daily routine we lose sight of that, at least I do. I love this! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wendy, very cute - and inviting - wall hanging! The perfect sentiment and beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When can I stop in??? I just love it, what a gun little flag.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your wall quilt is fantastic and would be a great addition to any kitchen. That seems to be the room everyone gravitates to when having family or friends over.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to hear from you again, Wendy. That is an adorable quilt and the quote so lovely. Hope you're having a cuppa with a friend right now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wendy I love your banner. I used to hang at a diner where that was their motto. They made really good coffee too. Great memories. Thanks for the memories and for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a great wall hanging!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my what a great quilt. Where do you get your inspiration? I get mine from great creative blogs like yours. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You were very inspired. What a great looking project! I love the cute fabrics you chose for this one. It is one of my favorites in the hop. I felt the same way with this fabric line.... and finally had an AH HA moment myself. It is such pretty fabric, it just speaks for itself and doesn't need much to make it shine. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great project and it sounds like your inspiration comes and goes in exactly the same way mine does!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful wallhanging or should I say tree hanger! lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it. It looks great outside. Prefect for on a patio or porch.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it and I'm glad that you found something to inspire you. It was a great idea. Whenever life leads you back to blogging, we'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is adorable and I'm so glad you didn't give up and not do anything! It is certainly eye candy for me. Thanks for sharing it with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wendy,
    It is just cute as a button. Your backyard spot looks so beautiful and soothing. I hope all is well with you. :)
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, Wendy, I love it. I can't believe how fast you are. You whipped up a winner in no time. Made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I love, love, love your wall quilt! What a fun way to capture the spirit of this blog hop. I cannot believe you made it in a day! (It would have taken me soooo much longer.) Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looking forward to your upcoming blog posts! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete